Friday, September 17, 2010

Day Six September 15th, 2010

Hair in my face, but look at that view!
Skyler/Skylar :)
Today was probably one of my most favorite days. It's not like we went to an ancient piece of our history and learned something, (which would have been fun too), but today some of us decided to go on a hike! I was told not to pass up this opportunity because those who had previous semesters before really regretted it. So I didn't :) When we first started walking, we got to this street where it was literally straight up hill! And all you saw before your eyes was what seemed to be the biggest mountain, ever! As we started walking up the first hill, Ashlee and I were wondering what we were getting ourselves into and joking about heading back. Her container of ice kept her satisfied, however, and I just kept drinking water to stay hydrated. By the time we got to the top of that street hill, we looked down to see that we had to walk down another street hill and at the end up that one, walk up another one before we even started the mountain! HA! By the time we got to the mountain, we were already exhausted. As we started up, I tended to try to move fast, taking as little breaks as possible because once I stop, I get really tired. My favorite part was turning around and looking at the beautiful view that was behind me and thinking to myself, "this is ridiculous, I am in GREECE! and it is so beautiful!!" When we finally got to the top, my other room mate Mandy told me to take my pony tail out and so I did! The strong wind was gusting and we just stood there in awe of what we just climbed and the beauty that was before us. We could even see our little hotel that we are staying in. It was great! We took tons of pictures and group pictures, it was so much fun! On the way down I walked with Ashlee and we had a great time just talking and discussing how much this trip has been fun so far. When we finally got to the street level again, I kinda got goosebumps because I realized how much of a blessing it is for me to be here and what an experience I have in the tip of my fingers! I love being here <3

1 comment:

  1. Hahah, i like how its only your 6th day, and its already your favorite... you have 100 more to go!

    and first comment!!

    --Aaron Hanson

    ReplyDelete