Saturday, November 20, 2010

Camel Riding November 5th


Our first stop today was going to the dams in egypt. I'm going to be honest with you. I didn't write anything down about them because I was really tired this morning and I also had to go to the bathroom super bad so I was not able to concentrate. But, I do have pictures! Then we headed off to the Temple of Philae. To get here, we took another little boat. This temple was built to the goddess Isis. It lasted over three different centuries and is the holiest site for Isis worshipers.



Later that afternoon, we took a boat ride to a Nubian Island. On the boat ride, the man steering the boat played drums and sang egyptian songs to us while we sang and danced a long. It was so much fun! Then, out of no where, this little boy on his water toy came to our boat and held on to the boat while we were moving and sang to us too. He sang a few egyptian songs and then also sang his version of "row row row your boat." It was the cutest thing ever! I got a video of it too :) Once we got to the island, we immediately saw the camels that we were going to ride. Of course Ashlee and I rode together. It was hilarious. She got on first, and then I got on behind her. It was hard to lift my legs up that high to jump on it though. Once we were on, the man helping us told us to lean back...we did hesistantly because we were not sure what to expect. However, we soon learned that we should have leaned back more because when the camel stood up it stood up on it's back legs first and then flung us forward...it was so funny. I took a video while we were on the camel too.

The man told us that the camels name was mickey mouse. The ride was really fun but when we were going either up hill or down hill, it really felt like we were going to fall off. There were also times where our camel would run into the other camels. Once we got to the Nubian Village, we got off the camels and went to this ladies house. It was really awesome to see the vast difference in how those people live. She made us tea, and also gave the girls henna (I didn't want to get any).

ashlee's henna :)

this is the ladies house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment