Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 12th, End of Jordan, Beginning of Israel

Today was our last day in Jordan and we went to Mt. Nebo where Moses saw the Promise Land and God told him that he wasn't going to be able to actually go into the Promise Land. Then we went to the Jordan River where Jesus was said to be baptized...this was really neat and special. Sometimes I find it hard to really grasp the fact that I am in these special places...like a lot of times it doesn't really hit me until later. I don't like that...but I honestly think that it is because we are doing so much, everyday that it's difficult to constantly appreciate it until I really think about it.

View of the Promise Land from Mt. Nebo

In front of the Jordan River

Apparently it was "pop your collar day"


After we were done in Jordan, we headed back to the Israel border but this time it wasn't as bad and we didn't have to wait as long, even though it was still a while. Then we met Gill, our Israel tour guide. Immediately, he was very friendly and very talkative which can be a good and bad thing. We learned a lot but it was almost an overload. The first thing that we did was go to the the Dead Sea! We got to float in it! It was really really weird feeling and I tried to stand up but the density just pulled my legs back up...it was really funny :) After that, we did a little tour of En Gedi, and called it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment