Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 17th Hezekiah's Tunnel

This day was actually one of my favorite days. The first thing we did was go to where Hezekiahs Tunnel is, and we got to go into it and walk the whole distance. I absolutely loved this. Dr. Manor was behind me so the whole way through he was explaining everything to me, and Ashlee was in front of me a long with some of the guys and since we were at the end of the line, we got to walk slow and we sang songs and the acoustics was really beautiful in it. The water was about up to my knees at some points but apparently some times during the year it could be up to our hips...so I am glad it wasn't that high.







skylar and i matched coincidentally :)

After that we went to the Temple Institute where they were telling us that they are trying to rebuild the second temple that was destroyed by the Romans...I didn't really know how to respond to the tour guide because she was so passionate about what she was talking about but it totally went against what we believe as Christians. But it was definitely interesting to hear her view.
 
Then we had PIZZA! That was wonderful because we hadn't in a really long time and we were all getting sick of the same food. Also, this pizza was good :)

Then we went to the Whaling Wall. This was definitely an interesting cultural experience to say the least. We got to go on the Women's side of the wall. Some of us went up and prayed, but I just sat down in the seats and talked to God. I wasn't really sure how to respond because I don't necessarily agree with all the religious aspects that are brought upon the wall...but I just did my own thing while others did theirs. I noitced that you are not supposed to turn your back on the wall, so when you walk away from it, you have to walk backwards. That was really interesting. Then we had a tour guide of the whole inside.


My favorite part of the day was the Israel Museum. We were let go and got to look around it by ourselves for about an hour. I wish it could have been longer. This was without a doubt, hands down my favorite museum in the whole entire trip of being overseas. I saw a nail that was driven through a heel, that would have been like Jesus' crucifixion. And then there was a whole side of the museum that was art! I went over to  that section and was there for the remainder of the time just looking at the art and thinking about my interpretation of it. It was my favorite thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment